COVID PROTOCOL FOR CLIENTS
At Power’s Medical Aesthetics (PMA), we are working to keep our community extra safe during COVID-19.
Our staff have been trained on COVID screening, standard infectious disease protocols, extra COVID-19 PPE, communications adaptations, all patient touch point considerations, and more.
Our treatments will only be performed on healthy individuals, by healthy staff.
Our appointment times have lengthened to require fewer customers in our space at any given time, and allow extra sanitization time between bookings.
Please read below how our booking and patient contact will change moving forward.
AT OR TIME OF BOOKING:
- At booking time, you will be screened (scroll down for screening checklist), and again <48 hrs at confirmation of your appointment.
- We will be forwarding necessary paperwork, pre and post care instructions, etc, to you prior to your appointment, to reduce/eliminate where possible shared paper contact at PMA.
PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Please bring TWO masks to your appointment: one to wear in and another clean one to don
after treatment leaving the premises.
- Please use the washroom prior to coming into PMA.
- We strongly recommend paperless payment. Etransfer is preferred: that can be set up ahead
of time: “PMAbusinesspayment.com"--no password is required.
Please come to your appointment with a washed, absolutely clean face, for facial treatments.
- Please come a few minutes early to your appointment, and stay in your vehicle; text us when you have arrived: 780-906-3776 — we will direct you when to come in.
- Please leave all belongings in your vehicle, including your cell phone, water bottle, jacket.
AT APPOINTMENT ARRIVAL:
- Please STOP OUTSIDE the front door, and review the screening questions posted on the door. If you answer YES to anything, you are NOT to come in. Please text us right away for a plan (ie. appt deferral, or report symptoms to AHS).
- Don your mask prior to coming in
- Remove and leave all footwear at the door
- Use alcohol hand rub at front entrance provided
- Sit at front bench until staff come to get you; if there are other clients, please keep 2 meters distance
- Your temperature will be taken by contactless thermometer
- Please adhere to all COVID physical distancing and cough etiquette
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Please alcohol rub your hands and don your clean mask in your treatment room before leaving
- Your service provider will cash you out, do not approach front desk. We will electronically forward a receipt.
- If requesting any treatment information pamphlets, please ask us—we have online versions available vs paper copies
- If requiring any product, your service provider will prepare it for you
- Please ensure your next appointment is made before leaving PMA, as required
- Your post care instructions, and contact information for PMA if needed, will have previously been forwarded to you at appointment confirmation.
Further questions: Please call us at 780-906-3776, or email at PowersMedicalAesthetics.com
*This policy may change over time to adapt to new regulation requirements.
COVID-19 info for Albertans (https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans-aspx)
COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool (https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/pages/assessment.aspx)
Education: Hand Hygiene (AHS) (https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/info/Page14955.aspx)
Help Prevent the Spread (https://www.alberta.ca/revent-the-spread.aspx#toc-6)
Personal Protective Equipment (https://www.albertahealthservies.ca/topics/page17048.aspx)
Travel Health Notices (https;//travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices)
COVID-19 SCREENING CHECKLIST
You should get tested if you have any COVID-19 symptom:
- Cough (new cough or worsening chronic cough)*
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing (new or worsening)*
- Runny nose*
- Stuffy nose
- Sore throat*
- Painful swallowing
- Muscle or joint aches
- Feeling unwell in general, or new fatigue or severe exhaustion
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or unexplained loss of appetite)
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Conjunctivitis, commonly known as pink eye
If you have symptoms
*If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat, you are legally required to isolate for at least 10 days from the start of your symptoms or until they resolve, whichever is longer.
If you have any of the other symptoms, stay home and minimize your contact with others until your symptoms resolve.
Monitor your health and call Health Link 811 if you have questions or concerns.
Call 911 immediately if experiencing severe symptoms of COVID-19, including difficulty breathing, severe chest pain, feelings of confusion or loss of consciousness.
Albertans are also legally required to isolate for:
- 14 days if they are a close contact of someone with COVID-19 or returned from international travel
- 10 days if they have any symptoms that are not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat